* SPMIB.I (Italy 40): Italian derivatives are subject to Italian Financial Transaction Tax (Stamp duty) which is applied for both buys and sells. Click here for more information about the Italian Financial Transaction Tax (IFTT). Also, an additional charge of 2 bps. (0.02%) of the trade amount is applied, to cover Standard Bank’s increased cost of execution and hedging due to IFTT.
- Spreads: the spreads indicated are minimum spreads and depends on the spread of the underlying futures contract. If the underlying futures contract trades at a spread that is larger than the minimum spread, the Index spread to correlate with the additional spread from the related futures contract.
- Margin required: you can benefit from 20 times leverage for the first EUR 50,000 or equivalent of combined CFD margin collateral, meaning that a single account can hold a position with a maximum exposure of EUR 1,000,000 for a single instrument at the rate of margin shown in the table above. Above this maximum threshold the margin requirements double. Standard Bank reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to increase margin requirements for considerably concentrated client portfolios.
- Point Value of one contract: this is the currency risk you incur with one Single Stock or Index CFD contract. The increment of risk is also one currency unit (i.e. you can increase your position by increments of one index). There is no minimum commission for Stock Index CFD traders.
- Trading hours are stated in the local hours of the underlying exchange - the HK50.I (Hong Kong Index) trading session has a mid-session break between 12:00-13:00 and an evening break between 16:10-17:00, the trading session in JP225.I (Japan 225) has a break between 3:25 pm and 4:15 pm.